Caleb's 2nd Birthday

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dr visits, thunderstorms, and FireTrucks, Oh my!

This past week has been a crazy week. Monday started off with a Dr visit for Caleb, cut short by the arrival of a fire truck. As far as we can tell, an A/C unit malfunctioned and caused the alarm to trigger. Caleb got a kick out of the fire trucks to arrive shortly after the excitement. As soon as everyone filed outside the office, the skies opened up and the thunder clapped and unfortunately for me, the pollen got kicked up. It was no surprise to me, the next day I started feeling really crappy. Little did I know what was in store. After getting up in Tuesday and debating with myself whether to take a sick day, I thought better of it and went to work. As my work day wrapped, I was feeling alot worse for wear. I came home and thought a small nap might help me feel a bit better while Tammy and Caleb went to visit Aunt Sharon and (second cousin)Amy. About an hour later, I awoke feeling like I had been hit by a bus. I found a thermometer and measured a temp of 102.0. Long story short and an ER visit later, I have a full blown case of influenza. So for the next 5 days, I'll be checking my temp. getting lots of rest, and doing my best to keep from getting that baby boy of ours sick. The hard part about it all is that for the next few days, I can't even hold my son. Honestly, I think that is harder than the aching muscles, pounding headaches, and stuffy nose.

No comments: