Caleb's 2nd Birthday

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Friday, December 28, 2007

Caleb's Countdown!

Today was the first of our weekly doctor appointments until we get to meet our son in person. I think the doctor started the weekly appointments a little early due to my elevated blood pressure. Our appointment was to consist of a biophysical profile (ultrasound), non stress test and a routine Dr appt. We arrived at 2:30pm for our scheduled appointment. The room seemed to clear out before I was called back. The front desk advised me I would not be having the ultrasound as one tech was on vacation and the other hurt her back and had to go home. So we did not get to see little Caleb today :-(

After about an hour waiting, I had my blood pressure and weight taken. My blood pressure was down 139/81. I think the hour to relax in the waiting room helped. My weight was down 3lbs. My vitals were good today. Steve and I then went to the room for the NST (Non Stress Test). They placed 2 monitors on my stomach. I think one was to check for contractions and the other was to monitor Caleb's heartbeat. They gave me this clicker to press when he moved. I really did not think he would move much, as he has been pretty calm (like his Daddy). Once Caleb's heartbeat started, he really started moving. I was to be there 20 minutes, I was there almost an hour. Steve and I were both sitting in a room in leather recliners - pretty nice! Steve was kicked out after about 10 minutes when another patient needed to be monitored. I felt bad he could not stay to hear Caleb. Caleb kicked the most that I have ever felt during this test. I don't think he liked the loud sound. The other patient said she could see my stomach moving when he kicked. The RN I saw (as my OB was on vacation) said that the NST produced a good result. They said they wanted to see 15 in 15. Something like his heart rate jumping 15 points on the graph in 15 seconds or something. She also said she could tell the amniotic fluid was at a good level by the test and either Caleb had good cardio or I did...I don't remember exactly. She talked really fast. We never left the doctor's office until after 5:00pm. We closed down the office. The RN was running really behind.

We are glad that the results came back good for this test. He needs to bake a little longer before he arrives to great us. I had what I believe to be the first Braxton Hicks Contractions a couple of days ago. I told Steve that I don't want to go through labor...I just want to go pick up Caleb from the store.

I am going to copy and paste an explaination of this test from the website www.ahealthyme.com (see next post - ran out of room)

No comments: